View Single Post

Old 04-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Carla, that's exactly what I mean by the medical perspective. They make it sound pretty hopeless. The title itself says it all: "Bad Luck of Random Mutations Plays a Predominant Role in Cancer, Study Shows."

To repeat what you once said to me, "Holy Cow!"

But I did find at least one sentence that gave some hope: "The best way to prevent some cancer types is by eliminating environmental factors and by changing lifestyles." But they only gave one example: "Quitting smoking is one valuable example of primary prevention."

I assume that "changing lifestyles" includes one's diet regimen but they didn't even devote one word to that. Diet has a lot to do with inflammation and one's immune system but there was no mention of that. Exercise is also very important and there was no mention of that either. That's the medical perspective. They mainly want to impress upon people the fact that it's complicated and mostly unavoidable and there's not much you can do except get tested and then treated (by them I presume - that's how they make their money). Cancer is big business and they're running it the way one would expect a business to be run.