View Single Post

Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Settlement and developer's letter on C3 of Sunday's Village Sun

On page C3 of Sunday's Village Sun, developer H. Gary Morse published a letter to Villagers. The letter is straight forward, but, does not clear up two questions I have posted before but have not been able to find precise and articulate answers to. In fact one response in Mr. Morse's letter further clouds my understanding of the settlement.

1. In the letter, Mr. Morse says that $33,000,000 will be transferred over 13 years from his development company to the Central District government. Previous accounts indicated the settlement was $40,000,00. We know that the lawyers will receive $6,700,000 and the class representatives will split $300,000. My original question was whether the $7,000,000 for the lawyers and class representatives was coming from the developer or from funds that are based on homeowner contributions, amenity fees, reserves, etc. The math suggests that possibility although that may not be the case, I hope. Can anyone clear this up definitively?

2. The second question that still has not been clearly answered is whether the Sumter Landing Community Development District south of Hwy. 466 will be independent of their neighbors who have settled a class action North of Hwy. 466 or will funds be commingled under one authority now or at some point in time. It sounds like South of Hwy 466 will be independent but it really isn't spelled out with certainty. Does anyone have a clear answer?

I love the Villages and all are friends and neighbors. I would like to have a clearer understanding of how our government will work in the future.

How about those Giants!!!! 040