View Single Post

Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Settlement and developer's letter on C3 of Sunday's Village Sun

I've seen a document purported to be a summary narrative of the settlement. The areas I was interested in appeared to be protected by confidentiality clauses (exhibit E). Obtaining information has been difficult because the settlement has not been finalized. It is scheduled for a court hearing on March 5, 2008 to determine if it is fair, reasonable and adequate. The court may approve modifications to the proposed agreement without notice to the class. That makes it hard to review in its final form because it is dynamic, not static. Kind of like hitting a moving, changing target.

It does say that VLS will pay attorney fees, class representative awards and the VCCDD, a total of about $40,000,000.

The developer's letter in Sunday's paper, page C3, does not reconcile with those numbers as he states $33,000,000 will be paid. It is possible he is also paying the balance of the $40,000,000 or $7,000,000 as well. The letter does not state that.

It is not my intention to antagonize, impugn, or insult anyone involved. I just would like to see definitive answers to two simple questions and not speculation and rumor.