View Single Post

Old 02-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Taltarzac
Default Re: How many books do you read per year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
Tal,

I am too embarrassed to take part in your poll. I need a category that says, "Not enough. -Not even close." But your question did remind me how much I like to read.

I see from your posts that you are very connected to libraries. I know a couple of people who work in public libraries, and I think most of the book loving public would not believe some of the stories librarians could tell.

I saw a review of a recently published book titled "Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library" by Don Borchert. I have not read it yet, but I might.

Has there ever been an attempt on TOTV to start a thread of book recommendations? -not anything as elaborate as book discussions, but something with recommendations here and there, with maybe just a blurb to go with the rec.

-just wondering and I thought you would be the one to ask.

Boomer
Agree with you there. All kinds of characters are in public librarianship. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly (in spirit). Law librarianship is a lot worse as many of the people in that profession are also lawyers or at least have law degrees.

I have not noticed any large thread on recommended books even though smaller postings have showed up. I started one a ways back. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...ic,1806.0.html