View Single Post

Old 04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
There are lots of federal laws that preempt state and local laws and, as in this case, Home Owner's Association rules.

To simplify the issue, it is permitted to install an external antenna in order to receive over-the-air commercial television broadcasts. There are some restrictions and limitations on size for reception dishes, and other minor compromises on aesthetics.

The more cogent question is why would you want to do this? Since television signals are now digital and since The Villages is a considerable distance from over-the-air stations, the likelihood of success is low. Further, at most you might receive three major stations.

If you can't afford basic cable, listen to the radio and read the newspaper for news. Go to the town squares for entertainment. Read a good book. Visit with friends and neighbors.

This antenna thing is a non-issue.
actually over-the-air antennas these days are used more for digital broadcasts.
I personally hate the look of antennas (plus the lightening risk, even when grounded) and would opt for an attic installation, but before going in that direction I would use the hundreds of channels available on the internet.