View Single Post

Old 04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Folks if you have Comcast for your internet but no TV service the free to air channels are on the cable and Comcast can't charge for them due to they are free to air broadcast.
so use your TV scanner (obviously it has to be a Newer Digital TV tuner) and all the channels will be there.
Anything over 45 to 50 miles will not come in very well unless you have a huge antenna on the roof, a small omni directional antenna works fine and has a 50 mile range.
I live on Pinnellas and bunea vista and i got the channels from Orlando which is approximately 114 azimuth if i recall.
Good luck folks.
P.S. federal law preempts any state or HOA restriction and free to air is covered under it and the powers to be have NO JURISDICTIONS no matter what someone tells you.
I have been into the business 40 years and HOA try bullying people and have no authority to do so.
I welcome the HOA Police to tell me that i can't have a FTA antenna, let the lawsuits begin, Class action lawsuits usually puts a bully to rest.
Have a good day
I have antennas in my attic and get all the major networks and more Spanish and religious channels then I can watch.