View Single Post

Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: How many books do you read per year?

Tal,

You could probably have written this book.

I know a public librarian who broke up a fight between two loser women fighting over a loser man. Mild-mannered librarian that she is, she jumped into it and used a really loud voice to yell, "Stop." -a voice she did not even know could come out of her. They stopped. I shudder to think what might have happened had they not.

The circulation desk librarians are open to the most stressful days of all, I think. There are members of the public who can become really rude over their fines. Rudeness and foul language does not necessarily come from the usual suspects. When faced with a fine, there are a few soccer moms who can cut loose like you would not believe.

I think those library schools may need to add a course that qualifies librarians as bouncers.

Oh, and btw, about the book recs.: Do you think it could work here if the book recommendations were organized by the month? That might keep them to be more accessible. Such an idea could fizzle or it could fly. But it might be worth a try.

Oh, poor Tal, I think I am assigning you projects. I think I need to go back to work. NOT.

Boomer