View Single Post

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I could be wrong, and am sure someone would correct me if I am, but I thought it was only 4 , maybe 5 CDD's that would pay for the trees, and all CDD's south of 466 would pay for the repair of the island under the bridge. Luckily, I am in both of these groups, so I do have a couple irons in the fire, so to speak. I think they should bill those 4 houses in Lake Miona they talked about earlier whose view was improved by cutting the trees. I can guarantee that anyone of the 4 who actually was not involved, would start talking very quickly if they thought they were going to have to pay such a large amount. As far as the island/bridge goes, IF the residents have to pay, then all residents should have to pay. It is not the amount, but about a half(or so) of the residents below 466a have been here under a year. They shouldn't have to pay when residents who have used the bridge for 10+ years don't have to pay. Again, I realize the amount would be small, but it is the priniciple, and why do several CDD's have to pay 2 of the fees, some CDD's have to pay 1 and some none. That just isn't right.
I've never heard of anything more ridiculous than the rationale that everyone south of 466 should pay to repair the erosion!

The bridge is part of a city street. How a county built bridge can be built on private property is beyond me. And how a certain portion of homeowners should be responsible for paying for this repair is beyond me even more. It is a city street. It is used buy everyone in the Villages, regardless of where someone lives. It is also used by anyone who chooses to use Morse as their route to go somewhere -- residents and non-residents alike.

So why is only a certain group responsible for the fix? This entire matter defies logic and the same goes for paying for the trees.