View Single Post

Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Platinum member
Default Airheads Joyride

I'm not sure whether Jan or other administrators will let this post stay here, but I also don't know where else to start!?

I want to bring to the attention of resident TOTVers a special event to be held Wed 27 Feb at the Polo Field, 10am-2pm. Titled "The Airheads Joyride" it is a free golf-cart oriented event sponsored by various local and Orlando-based outfits, in ultimate quest of financial donations to the American Lung Association (ALA).

TV's support group for those dependent upon oxygen for breathing/living assistance is known as the "Airheads." A good group, and wonderfully supportive of so many folks afflicted with emphysema, bronchitis and whatever else may make breathing difficult. As a member, I cannot speak more highly of this bunch.

If you're interested in joining us in our get-together and perhaps even donating some of your hard-earned funds to the ALA, then I suggest you visit www.airheadsjoyride.com and see what it's all about. There are links there to make it easy to contribute some money, and you can register to participate in the "drive" around the Polo Field in your golf cart.

Hope you'll join us. Many thanks if you do!

SWR

P.S.: You may "PM" me if you'd like more info. I'll also bring some info to Crisper's on the 15th! ;D