View Single Post

Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Tell me how it makes sense for only certain residents to be paying for erosion repair that is a county street on a lake that is privately owned???

Tell me how it makes sense for only certain residents to be paying for trees that were illegally cut down.

Morse Blvd. is a public roadway. It is NOT a common area. Either the county or the developer should be paying for the erosion repair -- NOT the residents!

By the way --
Yes, there is a difference!
Who makes up the majority of Sumter County? The Villages... Maybe we should make this a toll bridge since vehicles from Orlando, Ocala, Daytona, Lake City, Tampa or Silver Lake all use this bridge when visiting The Villages. This would relieve the "certain residents" for having to pay for others.

The trees, which this topic is suppost to be about, I am in agreement. If the ones responsible for cutting down the trees can be found, (not only the one who cut down the tree, but the people who requested the trees be cut down) should be responsible for the cost of restoring the land. But in the meantime, the state is requiring the land be restored and that aint free... The money comes from somewhere and that would be the resident taxpayers south of 466. You don't have to like it, but get over it...that is just the way it is.

Last edited by Mleeja; 04-12-2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo