View Single Post

Old 02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Default Soon-to-be-Retired Teacher

I've been teaching high school social science for decades and will be retiring this May. I'm coming down to look around TV for four days during spring break. Could someone suggest some things that I "must see" or "must do"? My wife died three years ago and I'm looking at TV because of all of the activities that it seems to offer to single adults. I'm very impressed that TV has a philosophy club among so many other activities. Are the activities as good as they seem to be on the TV website?

After a two-week trip to Istanbul, I will probably put my duplex in Indiana on the market and start to get rid of lots of unnecessary possessions that I have accumulated over the years. When my home sells, I will probably look for something small in TV -- a small villa, for example.

What questions should I ask when I come down for my visit in March/April?

Don Hanlin

Don Hanlin, widower &amp; soon-to-be retired teacher<br />Thinking about moving to The Villages.&nbsp; Major interests include politics &amp; reading about history &amp; current events.&nbsp; Looking for chance to write &amp; travel while participating in lots of activities.&nbsp; Also want to be involved w/ Episcopal Church.