View Single Post

Old 04-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Agreed. It is always worthwhile to read the documents that we signed upon buying here. The generic example I like to use regarding deed restrictions is that you cannot put a car up on blocks in your front yard. There is nothing unlawful about that restriction and if you persist there will be consequences. I have lived in two deed restricted communities (including The Villages) and I have never seen a restriction that gives me heartburn. For example, I am pretty sure I am not going to start drilling for oil on my property. The sat dish and antenna issue was put to rest quite some time ago by the FCC. If you do encounter a deed restriction that you believe runs counter to state or federal law, it should be straight forward to consult an attorney.

Regarding our gates, I believe their primary purpose is to regulate the flow of traffic at each Village entrance to prevent golf cart and car collisions. I don't think anyone believes they are a credible deterrent to crime. The best deterrent to crime is the vigilance of you and your neighbors, along with the Smith and Wesson Security Company ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
maybe your right, but we all paid dearly to live here at a inflated price and i clearly understand the deed restrictions especially as a builder from the north.
It seems people think that unlawful restrictions are enforceable and they are clearly not!
I didn't move here to be bullied or controlled beyond the law, this is all i am saying and some people have lost there vision of where they are.
also the powers to be can't protect your home prices and the economy takes care of that.
However we are in a better area of the country then most places.
Just a caveat of an example; gates don't keep criminals out if anyone can push the button and come in, this is why we have so many break-in's.
The law is what protects us from these thugs.