View Single Post

Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I just had a pool installed by T&D and they used TCL (Tri County Landscape) in Wildwood to replace all the sod and irrigation after the pool was completed.

All I wanted was some basic privacy landscaping around the pool and I was planning to supplement it going forward. I had gotten pricing to install landscape from 3 places ($12,000, $9500 and $9300) so on an off chance they did residential, I asked TCL for a bid. I tried very hard to get apples to apples bids, same plants, same size, the only difference was the $12,000 bid included a palm tree as that was their specialty. Now getting exactly the same stuff is a bit challenging, but TCL did a great job for $3,000. Once again apples to apples is very hard as TCL had to be here anyway for sod and irrigation while the others probably had some cost in their bid for that even though I told them all TCL was doing that work.

So give them a try as their price was the best by a lot. The biggest difference between most was labor. Shrub prices were somewhat close TCL being the lowest, but all the others had huge labor cost in the bid. TCL's shrub prices was for the installed price. Their mulch price per yard was the installed price.

What I don't know, is did they do this job because they do work for T&D or do they do residential work for anyone.