Thread: Katie Belle's
View Single Post

Old 04-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigger52 View Post
Katie Belles is a residents only/ guests perk. I think is disgusting that now that the Morse children are in charge the Villages is rapidly moving away from "Americas Friendliest Home Town". They are taking away all the things that make this a "Home Town". First it was the parades, (every home town celebrates with parades) that were removed. Then the parking at the polo grounds for golf carts was charged for instead of free. I understand that this is all because everything is going to private businesses, but the family is responsible for that too. It's becoming all about $$$ and not lifestyle. I appreciate the need for profit but there are limits. The Villages is selling their houses based on lifestlye and supposedly thats why they cost more than other senior developements but we are slowly losing the original vision.
WHAT do you base these statements on? They sold the entertainment department to the people who had run it for years before Gary Morse died. THAT is the reason for the parades change. Now the residents are handling the parades, nicely too.

Why is running in the black ugly?

You do know that the "Morse Children" are real people, still working, even though they have enough money for three lifetimes, keeping their force in jobs, making terribly huge decisions under great pressure and making good ones as far as I can see. I have never met them, but it seems they deserve more respect than they are getting from some residents opposed to large businesses being successful.

Your home is worth far more than it was when you bought it, I would wager and that is nice for you...and for me. AND the reason is that the Morse family is doing a lot of things right.