View Single Post

Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Platinum member
Smile Seldom swam in the Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I have had a pool for the last 15 years, and though I rarely use it, I like to look at it. It takes the place of living on a lake.
I've had a pool at my house in Tampa for 40 years. I've had to re-tile it and change out the marcite for diamond bright. I've had to completely change out the sand filter once and the pool pump twice......... and I've seldom set foot in it.

Years ago we had a few pool parties, mostly for the grandchildren.

I currently have plans to heat the pool and put in a lift so I can use it for physical therapy since my spine surgery.

There are two personal pools on the very short block where I stay in The Villages. I have NEVER seen anyone using them.

In spite of all of the expense and inconvenience, I have to agree with starflyte1. It is very soothing to sit on my pool deck (screened enclosure for the pool - which I've also replaced twice) while watching the birds coming to the feeders in my back yard, and just relax.

It can also be very pretty at night to turn on the underwater light in the pool and watch the reflections of the ripples in the water.

There can be different concepts of the "use" of a pool.