View Single Post

Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Default Re: First time posters only.

This is my first post, tho I have been lurking around for some time. Have had our house in NC on the market since July, but everyone knows how the market is (not) moving right now. So we bit the bullet and bought a patio villa (sight unseen) in Dec. figuring when our house does sell, we have a place to go. The villa had been empty a while and a bit of a fixer-upper (which we love to do), and the price was right. It has a lovely lush corner lot and location we really like and as a realtor myself I know those are things you can't change later. Our plan is to get it all fixed up, live in it awhile, then buy something bigger when the other house sells, as I have my heart set on a Gardenia. Then hopefully convince my Dad to sell his house and buy the villa. He golfs everyday- so this is the perfect place for him too...
We brought a truckload of furniture down a couple of weeks ago. My hubby stayed a week as he won't officially retire til the house sells, but I'm here for the month of Feb. (at least). He'll come down some weekends tho as that Allegiant Airline has one-way $19 nonstops to Sanford right now. (How can they Do that??)
We bought a golf cart which wasn't delivered til after my husband went back, and tho getting the car and cart in the garage is a tight fit, I'm getting more confident with the space,,, nope, no dings. And I love zipping around on that little cart. I'm getting involved in some things but have been spending alot of time revamping the new place.
Was so glad to have found TOTV. I have been interested in reading all the experiences of new and long term Villagers, and got lots of good info from the forums.