View Single Post

Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: First time posters only.

Good Morning, Mintjulep,

Your post caught my attention this morning. We are not yet in TV, but our plan also is to buy a patio villa and possibly move to something bigger at a later time -- or maybe just stay in the patio villa. We would not be living there year-round, at least at first.

I had to laugh when I read what you said about the garage squeeze you find yourself in. A couple of years ago, we downsized houses. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. The only thing we missed was our 3-car garage. I am a Midwesterner, and we do so love our garages and basements. But in exchange for sunshine almost every day, we can give up a lot of space.

I watch the patio villa market from afar for now. We don't mind fixer-uppers either. - a little fixing up anyway. We have done some major projects in homes we have owned. We don't want to do that anymore, but a little fixing up is fun.

It turned out to be for the best that we did not buy in TV at the time we visited, but maybe next trip.

Meanwhile, there are signs that the decision must be becoming a little more clear.

I have found that recently I have begun to acquire, here and there, a few pieces of wood furniture which I put in the basement. I have a dresser now and a couple of side tables and a dining table. The plan is to hit them with some white paint, rub them with something, beat them up a little, and Voila - shabby chic. (I don't quite understand the process yet but will figure it out.)

The next step in the plan is to throw the "new" white furniture into a POD or something and ship it to a patio villa in TV. For now, it is all still in the planning stages.

I hope that's what I'm doing - making Florida furniture.

If that's not what this is, maybe I am turning into one of those hoarders that I see on those television shows where someone like Oprah or whoever has to go in to save them from themselves.

Uh oh. I digress. It's what I do.

Anyway, Mintjulep, enjoy your wonderful new adventure. I hope you will share your progress.

We may be doing the same thing soon.

Boomer