View Single Post

Old 02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Default Re: First time posters only.

Boomer,
We do feel very fortunate having made such a good purchase sight unseen. We did have some friends who live here check it out and send us pictures and also had an inspection done.
And the fix up is mostly cosmetic stuff and a little yard work, (my hubby should be a landscaper in his next life, so no problem).
Nothing like the last big project of tiling our 600 sq. ft. porch ourselves,,, our poor knees...

I am looking for someone to switch the laundry room to the inside like alot of them have now.
And plan to move the fridge down and add cabinets on that back kitchen wall.
The rest we can do ourselves.

Our villa seems spacious inside, but we only brought about half of what we will bring when our house sells. And I know then I will miss all the storage that I've been used to.
But maybe that'll make me quit being such a ratpack. I really do want (and need) to simplify my life and getting rid of all the never used stuff is part of it.

I'm partly staying here so my husband can have a huge garage sale (this weekend), and I don't have to see stuff I think I NEED to keep be sold. He doesn't want me there for that. LOL!!
Says we won't get rid of anything if I'm there. Course,,I don't know where we'll ever put all of the Christmas stuff he doesn't want to part with.

But so far, the garage has been my hardest adjustment. It's very tight after the huge 3 car.
Aside from the laundry, it has an extra fridge and a washtub, and one of those curb things, plus all the yard and paint tools we brought. I can barely squeeze by to walk out.

One thing about it,,, it'll be easy to upsize later after this downsize...

And good luck to you on finding a great villa for all your 'new' Florida furniture...
MJ