View Single Post

Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Opinions on Easy Fill Battery watering system for Golf cart batteries?

Finally, after burning up a set of tires on my Mini-Van looking for the perfect (but reasonable - Ha) golf cart, I broke down and bought one. Its electric since I didn't want the noise or smell but now I'm off on my next mind provoking purchase. Do I get a "Easy fill water system for it or not". On my quest for the perfect cart I heard pros and cons on these systems.

Pros > They work great and if you buy one they will extend the life of your batteries.
The ones we install don't clog
Theres indicators on the batteries that lets you easily tell the state of the battery water

Cons > The clog and are more trouble then they are worth
At a cost of $250 I'm almost 1/2 way to a completely new set of batteries so they better work real good

For those of you out there that have a systems installed > what is your experience - do they clog?
I know one brand had these indicators on the caps which let you know at a glance if the level was ok but I don't know what the brand is - Can someone help here

Can they be installed easily or should I get it done by the cart place > any recommendations on where to buy or get them installed?