View Single Post

Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Default Re: Post Office petition

I believe the PO machines only read the zip number to deliver your mail. It doesn't care what you write as far as the towns/villages name. So you can use The Villages, Fl 32159 or Lady Lake, Fl 32159 and it will still get to your home. I know because our mail comes to us with those two different addresses all of the time. As for the other zip code we were told when were purchased our home that it was The Villages zip code number but, The Villages didn't have enough residence to warrent a PO buidling. They needed to have something like 65,000 people, which they don't have as full time residence. Four to five months a year is like a ghost town here. PO employees love it. Most of the folks who are full time live in the 32159 zip code area and they won't be changing their zip code even when the building is done. It is just not cost effective for the PO to have so many PO's in this one area. Where it does go it will have to be in a commercial spot so I would say Sumter Landing would be the best bet. The only thing you people can do is get your family and friends to buy up more homes south of 466 to increase the number of people in that zip code area so you can get a Post Office built. LOL! I don't know if this information I got from the post master several years ago helps any but maybe it will.