View Single Post

Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Settlement and developer's letter on C3 of Sunday's Village Sun

VK....thanks once again for your stellar research efforts that bring the light of day to the mysteries of morphing Villages governance. Somehow, it doesn't seem as sinister or intimidating when the facts are fully disclosed. To be sure, watchful eyes and inquiring minds need to be exercised as the process moves forward.

Boo, thanks for taking the time to respond. While the POA has certainly had an impact on our government, I believe it would serve the greater good to consider all sources of information instead of relying on just one. Contributors to this forum have posted several informative news articles that I hadn't seen in the local coverage. Kahuna of course has done some excellent pro bono research and posted many of his findings here. At least I haven't seen a billing from him yet.

The February 2008 VHA Voice has the most comprehensive account, to date, of how the new Amenity Authority will be set up and organized. It cites the pro and cons and at first reading, seems cautious and nonjudgmental. It needs to be read again, slowly, with an eye to the fine print and that is my homework tonight.

To many fun things to do today. Enjoy.