View Single Post

Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Comcast - Transfering service to The Villages

Don't know what it is about Florida, but it seems many things are part of a major corporation but not. Comcast is in this list. It is Comcast, but a separate entity. So, everything starts new. I've been trying to get my old email address since I moved here. No luck. Fortunately, most of my stuff goes to Yahoo mail. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of this issue until after I moved. So, to be on the safe side, I'd recommend you move any important mail you have to another account or just save it to your computer.

Another is but is not is Bank of America. I couldn't transfer my old account. Instead, I had to open a new one. To top it off, this one does not have all the services my California account has. So, I kept my old account and use the new one to deposit funds and then immediately transfer them to my California account.

Verizon California and Verizon Florida seem to have issues with each other as well.

While it has been trying to get some things moved, all ultimately works out.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein