View Single Post

Old 04-21-2015, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Sally Moss, a Supervisor for District 6 submitted her thoughts concerning safety on the Multi-Modal paths at the District 6 meeting on April 17, 2015. One thing she said was “The Districts can do something that has been proven to reduce accidents and make driving safer for all drivers, passengers and everyone else that is on the Multi-Modal Path with them and that is reduce the speed on the Multi-Modal Paths to 15 mph which is the top speed of golf cart models off the assembly line.”

For a complete text of what she said, please follow this link to download and read the PDF of the 04/17/15 VCDD 6 meeting found on the districtgov web site. Her comments are found towards the end of the pdf.

VCDD Meetings/Agendas
Her suggestion to lower the speed limits on the MM paths sounds like a step in the right direction. However, from her statements, it does appear (at least to me) like she is against striping/improving the driver's visibility on the MM paths by shifting the blame over to the drivers. I'm glad the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration doesn't feel the same way about the roads we drive our cars on. Of course there will be distracted drivers anywhere, but their tack is to take away as much of what can contribute to an accident as possible so that there is very little left except driver distraction.

Improving vision on the MM paths has been shown to be a veery slight financial burden. I do not understand why anyone is fighting it.