View Single Post

Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The golf cart drivers will speed if they want. I personally am not telling a golf cart driver what to do or not to do. I feel that making the paths safer with adequate markings should trump some district supervisor's admonishments about people acting responsibly. I imagine the majority do, and the rest, well... they're going to drive like they want. Why not make the "roads" safer for everyone?

Look how much safer our highways are now, and how the death rate from auto accidents has declined. I've driven (in a car) down unmarked back roads at night in the rain. We've driven down a mountain at 5:00 am in the fog to catch a plane. I get the point about striping the paths for better visibility.
You are very right. I just wish people wouldn't drive under the influence, cars or carts.

I didn't direct my remarks toward you C. I am sorry. I don't want another person to die, or to be seriously injured in a golf cart accident, but I do think twenty miles an hour is an o.k. speed. I don't know if the OP has a golf cart yet but I wish him to be safe.