View Single Post

Old 02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Comcast - Transfering service to The Villages

I don’t quite understand this. It seems that periodically in the forum, there is someone complaining bitterly about of company with which I’ve dealt quite satisfactorily. Maybe I’m a pushover, maybe not. I could understand it if it were one unsatisfied customer or even two, but when there’s a bunch of them . . . :dontknow:

Anyway, let’s return to Comcast. The guy was here to install cable television within a day or two of closing, exactly when promised. Really a nice kid who happily shared the oversupply of tacos we’d gotten for lunch and discussed, from a local’s perspective, the growth and impact of TV. Very interesting. A couple months later, I decided to switch to cable modem from the AT&T dial-up I was using. Ordered it online with the free modem, etc. Had minimal problems. When anything did come up with installation, I got quick responses from the service tech by phone. I thought connecting with a live person via phone was a breeze, especially after dealing with the AT&T telephone system for years. And in the 2+ years that I’ve had Comcast internet service, I’ve not had one problem. I wish the television side would carry Fox Business and the NFL network on the basic package, but the cable’s been good to me.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e