View Single Post

Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Comcast - Transfering service to The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain1202
My only complaint with Comcast so far, other than the "separate company" annoyance was being charged extra to hook up my 4 additional rooms for TV. This when my wiring was already in place and the installer did nothing. ??? I'm pursuing a refund ($95). Don't fall for this one!
Yup and if you say that you want cable in only one room, then they will actually cut the cables to the other pre-wired rooms so you get no signal in those rooms. Isn't that nice of them?

Had a cable modem die on me. They insisted it was my computer. I insisted they make a service call to check it out, so I got an appointment (about 4 days out mind you). They told me that if it was my computer, they would charge me for the service call. Waited all day. No show. Was going to dinner that night so didn't call them until the next day to complain about the 4 day wait and then no show. They told me they were going to charge me for that service call because the service tech reported he was at the house but no answer at the door. So if he came to the house, it had to be after 5:30 PM (when we left) or he lied on his work sheet. I believe the latter since my neighbor didn't see a Comcast truck that night (and no note on my door). After much haggling, they made another visit and yes my cable modem WAS dead. I insisted on an 7 day refund or credit for the number of days my ISP was out. I never got it.

They have you by the short hairs and don't really care if you terminate because they add 60-80 new accounts per week in The Villages.

Your only hope is to complain to the VCDD who licenses Comcast as the carrier of choice. Have you noticed that Bright House moved out of the area because they don't stand a chance getting in here? "Lake County Comcast" must pay a huge fee to the VCDD to be the carrier of choice here. What a lucrative business (for both).

Skip