View Single Post

Old 02-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Comcast - Transfering service to The Villages

I think Comcast is one of those things you either like or truly loath. I've been lucky here -- absolutely no problems. Of course, I don't ask much of the TV portion -- give me TMC and SciFi and local channels and I'm pretty much set. (I whined constantly in California that I couldn't get those two stations without paying an additional $40/month to move up to the next level.) Don't need HDTV. Don't really need all the other stuff. It's background noise most of the time. So, Comcast works just fine for me.

Internet is something else, though. I want fast!!!! I want little breakdowns. I want a company where I can drive to them to kvetch if necessary (I gave up on calling internet providers a long time ago -- in person just works so much better). Comcast has all of this, so Comcast has my business.

They came on the day they said they would, at the time agreed upon. The guy who did the work was a sweetie -- even set up my router for me at no charge. Helped me snake a cable into my daughter's room (again, no charge). So, a lot depends who you get to do the work, the mood they're in and how much you can con them into doing. I'm pretty good at getting them to do a little extra -- a smile and soda usually does it.

Now, if you start talking about AT&T, my hackles rise and I can give you horror story after horror story. Verizon is finally trying to make things right for me but I'm not convinced I'll stay with them when this contract ends in September but we'll see on that one. We all have companies we like and dislike. The best we can do is share our stories and experiences with as little emotion as possible and let the next person pick what is best for him/her.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein