View Single Post

Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 PM

Hey John, Love the video - too short. I beg to ask, why you were in the left lane wizzing by at speeds that exceeded 35 mph. Let me give you the benefit of a little court room observations (I was a Bailiff). When you think you have seen and heard it all; you haven't. Typically, when a defendant pleads not guilty, the Officer that wrote the ticket receives a subpena to provide video where possible, written notes, and sworn under oath statements. Most often left lane drivers receive the most citations for speeding, following too closely, failure to provide lane change signaling.

This does not exempt the right lane drivers. The right lane drivers may decide to exceed the speed limit because they yield the road to no man and refuse to allow a left lane (passing lane) driver to merge back into thru traffic. Speeding tickets for right lane greed won't impress a judge. Most of the time, the judge will show some mercy for first time offenders just because they needed to have their day in court. This is not network TV. It is reality with laws that are consistent for all but not viewed that way by the masses. Okay, Okay. enough said. Go safely and stay out of the left lane unless you are passing slower than speed limit traffic or making a left turn and don't forget to use turn signal (check to see if they are even functioning).