View Single Post

Old 04-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Two weeks ago CVS came over showed the rep what I wanted, knew little about construction techniques, they said too complicated the way I wanted it done???? I guessed I asked too many questions. Like what kind of glass do you offer, what the specs.

He had a total miss understanding of the building code which I learned after speaking with the inspector in person at the building department later on.
For instance if you want to remove the slider you have to raise the floor, not true in most cases. I needed permits’ and inspections costing $1500-2,000, building dept said $107.
Today I just saw this thread for the first time. One of the owners of CVS lives in my villas, he's done probably at least 20 of the 88 units here. I use to see their yard sign on a different home every month for a couple of years. I've never met the guy, never even seen him.

My golfing partner had his lanai enclosed by them. CYV's lanai's are not big, his is the same as mine 14' X 8'. He had an estimate from CVS for $6,000 and after six weeks they started work and it was finished by two weeks later and he was happy they came in under the estimate at $5,700.

I looked at it when finished, and it's basically three bronze aluminum sliding doors. Glass from floor to ceiling made of of three panels that slide open. He said they took six weeks to start because the doors are special ordered to size and then they have to wait for a crew, they only have 2 or 3 crews.

I said it looks like three 6' sliding doors could of done the job. Two side by side on the 14' side and one on the 8' side. Probably could of used some aluminum panels to fill in the gaps on the ends. I said 6' sliding doors only cost about $350 to $500 each. He said he wanted a professional looking job and was happy with the way it turned out.