Thread: ripped off
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Yes, we installed regular screws in the upper tracks, leaving them low enough to prevent the doors from being lifted up to remove them. Years ago we had an intruder start into our side courtyard at just about dusk. We were in our lanai and heard the gate open. When my husband confronted him he turned and ran. The police arrived too late to catch him. Ever since that night, probably 15 years ago, we have had a padlock on our gate. Let's see, garage door down and locked, front door locked, blinds closed, gate locked. Unfortunately, this is how we have to live if we want to keep the possessions we have worked for. The crooks are looking for something they can sell easily, or pawn, for a quick drug fix. They do not care who they rob. Two years ago, while on vacation up north, I had a beautiful diamond ring, my wedding band, and a Hawaiian heirloom-style ring stolen from the nightstand while we were out golfing. The thief busted the door in and made off with about $11,000 of my jewelry. Lesson learned: Never leave anything in plain sight. At least make it difficult for them to find your valuables.
///

Last edited by Villager Joyce; 04-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.