View Single Post

Old 04-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

We knew 20 minutes after we arrived, it was where we wanted to be. We had visited AZ. numerous times but got concerned with the water/drought situation out West. We bought a lot on a golf course in Bella Vista, AR about 5 years ago to build our retirement home, but came to the realization that there was nothing else to do besides play golf, and I mean NOTHING; sold the lot last month.

Our Seabreeze cottage we bought was about 1k sq. ft. and $12k less than our KC home. The yard in KC took 3 hrs. total to trim and mow; our yard in TV will take about 45 minutes. My wife retired 2/28 and we moved her and her Mom (who resides in Providence Independent Living) to TV the same day; after a 34 year career, my wife is like a totally new person with everything she has to do here and the super-friendly people she has become acquainted with; she is really relaxed. I really look forward to being there full time at the end of May.

Is TV perfect? No, but it's the closest to perfection to every place we've lived or visited. Out of 10, probably a 9.9.