View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Assault at Bridgeport gate

When was the Villages Daily Sun (VDS) article on this assault at Bridgeport? When they do report crimes in TV in the VDS, they seem to do a pretty good job.

I do not remember them going overboard on making Melinda Duckett appear to have dumped the body of her son Trenton Duckett like some media seemed to push on the reader or viewer. We still have no idea what happened to Trenton Duckett because of the media induced suicide of Melinda Duckett. I do think the media played a big part in driving her to kill herself.

Information about the Ducketts legal history-- http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal...t_chrono5.html

I remember the Reno, NV media was all over the place when my then Wooster high school teacher's daughter Michelle M. was murdered on my birthday of February 24 back in 1976. The solution to Michelle's murder came out of the blue in 1979 from Baton Rouge, LA I believe because one of the conspirators was bragging about it to his cellmate.

I too usually take media crime reports with the grain of salt as Redwitch advises. It seems to be more about the ratings that getting at the facts.