View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Tile Floor - DIY

If we ever get around to buying something in TV, tile floors are something we would like. We know we would probably end up installing the tile ourselves.

I just now saw something on the Today Show about a new product that allows porcelain tiles to be installed as a floating floor as long as the floor beneath it is solid. These are real tiles. But there is no need for thinset. A flexible grout is used.

I am wondering if anyone in TOTV land has experience with this new flooring. If you go to todayshow.com, you can find the information in an article called "Glorious Floors" in the Home & Garden section of the site.

This sounds a little too good to be true. - the real tile without the huge deal that the installation can be. I wonder if this flooring eliminates the need for concrete board underneath.

So...this is how exciting my life, here iced in this morning, has become. I am all happy about the possibility of easily installed real tile floors.

I saw some very nice tile work while in TV. A tile job done right is a thing of beauty. A tile job gone awry is a disaster.

The Today Show site links to the product manufacturer, but I am interested in knowing if anyone has any other information.