Thread: Knockout Roses?
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Knockout Roses?

I think I must be working through some kind of potential for Midwest separation anxiety this morning. First - DIY projects - tile floors? And now this one:

Are Knockout Roses used in Florida landscaping?

When my area of the country is not cold and dreary, it is hot and humid. (We do get some spring and fall. I tend toward hyperbole.)

Knockouts are pretty amazing in our humid summers. It is a shrub rose so there is nothing hoity-toity or demanding about it. They bloom up until frost. In mid-March, I get to go out and hack them in half - at least, sometimes more. I can be like the Red Queen when I have pruning shears in my hands. During their blooming season, which is a really long one, the more you deadhead, the better they perform. But the best part of that is that you can choose to do nothing, and they still bloom their little heads off.

It is not a plant that I would want to have as a snowflake resident because they do require some attention to be at their absolute best. And they grow really fast. But these things can make a spectacular hedge without too much work.

-any Knockout Roses in TV?

(OK. I think I have asked enough questions for one morning.)

mustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemu stleavemyhouse