View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 PM
n/a

Default Re: California delegates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
"I want change!" "Agent of change!" "I'm not just running on the promise of change... I'm running on 35 years of change."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick of "change." Has there ever been an election when the party out of office didn't want "change"? Even the party in power wants change. They want more seats, more votes, more power. Gandhi was an agent of change in India, but Hitler was also an agent of change for Germany. Marin Luther King was an agent of change for America, but so was George Lincoln Rockwell. Albert Schweitzer wanted to bring change, but so did Attila and Genghis Khan. Democrats want change because they want to take more of my money and create more programs it give it to other people. Republicans (in theory) want change because they want me to keep more of my money and reduce government programs.

Everybody wants change, but "change" means nothing. Details. We need details.
Had no idea who George Lincoln Rockwell was before I "Googled" him.

They could focus on what they will do with the Iraqi war, health care, immigration, taxes, etc. How often do they keep these platforms would be my question? Buyer beware should apply very strongly to politicians.

President George W. Bush talks against activist judges and the like and then nominates his long time personal lawyer to the US Supreme Court. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Miers That really makes you take a second look at campaign promises.