View Single Post

Old 05-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

When I was looking for a house down here, I went to The Villages website and saw hundreds of homes. I selected several that I might be interested in and contacted The Villages. I got hooked up with a great agent who took me around to all the homes I had listed plus a few more.

It seems to me that Properties of The Villages has this huge advantage. If I were selling I can't imagine why I would go anywhere else. Maybe the fees are a bit higher, I don't honestly know. I was told that POTV gets 5%. I don't know what other's get, but it doesn't seem to me to be worth and extras one or two percent to go with someone that is local.

A woman on my street had he home listed with a local agent for months and it didn't sell. She switched companies to another local agent and a few months later when it didn't sell, she switched to POTV and the house sold within days.

I realize that this is just one case and it might have been coincidental, but it affirmed my point to me.

Just my opinion. And no, I don't work for POTV.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.