View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
n/a

Default Re: California delegates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK
OSHUNLUVA:
I agree with you . the poor people that are going to vote because someone can give a great speech.. Yes we all want change but what do they have to offer ??
:dontknow: :dontknow:
Okay, what change do you want? You don't like the war? You want to pull all the military out today or maybe you want to double the forces and blockade Iran? All changes.

You want to change education, hopefully to improve it? Do you want to install a voucher program or maybe do you want to double the funding now being given to public schools? Both changes.

Change health care? Do you want universal health care that the government (tax payers) finances, do you want mandatory health insurance, do you want to cap doctor and hospital charges, do you want to cap lawsuits, do you want to control drug prices? All changes.

Change the electoral process? Do you want to eliminate the electoral college, do you want to allow felons to vote, do you want to eliminate the primary and caucus system, do you want to eliminate party registration, do you want voter id programs, do you want to eliminate all corporate political contributions, or union contributions, do you want to allow anyone to donate any amount they want as long as all such transactions are publicized? All changes.

Too much crime. Wanna change? Do you want stiffer mandatory sentences with no parole, do you want more police on the streets, do you want to install cameras in public, do you want no-knock warrants, do you want parents held responsible for the crimes of their children, do you want adolescents tried as adults, do you want the death penalty actually used, i.e., limit appeals, put a time limit on how soon an execution must be carried out following conviction, do you want to build more prisons? All changes.

Losing your civil liberties? Wanna change? Do you want stricter control of the police, do you want to outlaw traffic and other cameras, do you want to prohibit government agencies from sharing information? Once again, all changes!

I certainly cannot fault any individuals since the media has been propagating this slogan for months on end, but "Yes we all want change" is without doubt the biggest bullsh :edit: t fad since New Coke. It has absolutely no meaning and is nothing more that a mantra spouted by people who are either too damn dumb or too damn lazy to think for themselves.

But then, I could be wrong.