View Single Post

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Heels to Die For

:yikes: YEEEOWCH!!! :yikes:

Oh my aching feet!!! I have had problems with my feet all my life! Bunions, Arthritis, Flat feet and over the past 20 years several nasty, painful bouts of Plantar Fasciitis in both feet :'( :'( :'(

As a matter of fact I have been experiencing pain in my right foot lately as a result of plantar fasciitis. Time for some Physical Therapy.

In 1998 I had physical therapy for six weeks which worked incredibly well. Once a week I received Iontophoresis, learned where to apply pressure to specific points on my feet, stretch and roll a tennis ball under my feet. The most important thing for me is wearing shoes with adequate arch support so heels of any type are totally out of the question! I stick to Birkenstocks and now Crocs. I spent Sunday afternoon walking around at a trade show on hard concrete flooring without pain because of my Crocs but as soon as I have to put on my heavy, steel toed work boots I'm in trouble again.

For those unfamiliar with it, here is the definition of Iontophoesis:
The use of electric current to deliver medication through the skin. Typically, prescription steroidal anti-inflammatory or analgesics drugs are used. Medication is delivered directly to the area of injury in an attempt to control pain and inflammation. The problems that oral and/or injectable medication can cause are eliminated.

www.itcpharmacy.com/podiatry_iontophoresis.php
www.plantar-fasciitis.org