View Single Post

Old 05-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Default OZZELLO..Offering to inoculate against this disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
Haven't seen it hit sables around here yet, but I know sables are commonly infected. I have seen a couple sylvesters and several washingtonias I am fairly certain died from TPPDD last year in TV. Funny the map of FL TPPDD infestations still doesn't show any cases in this area.. maybe it needs updating.. or it wasn't TPPDD.. or no one reported the cases. Maybe they didn't know?

Could be lethal yellowing or "bud beetles". Tell tale of TPPDD is bloom sprouts dying early without seeding. The inoculation isn't all that expensive and will stop the disease. Trees that are treated quarterly can still become infected, but will never show symptoms or die from it.

I'm on the fence as to providing an inoculation service and trying to educate folks in this area as to the probable recent infestations and increased spreading of TPPDD in TV and how they can keep their palms safe, or waiting...and watching. Already bought the tools to do it so I could inoculate mine and my friends trees if I see any increase in the palms dying around TV.
Since there are no palms known to experts in Sumter county with this disease, where do you live, Ozello? You bought equipment and are thinking of offering to inoculate palms against a disease we to date do not have?

I have been reading your posts for a while, which often and unjustly diss UF master gardeners, and I am encouraging readers to trust in the UF agricultural extension office and agent Jim Davis.
They have no other motive than to help people and agriculture.

That you Said you are "fairly certain" about the disease killing trees in this area, I ask you to supply your credentials as an expert and evidence for making a diagnosis, since it can only be done by lab analysis on a properly collected sample of bacteria.