View Single Post

Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 AM
n/a

Default Re: OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24

Muncle: You're right! I love Bill Mahr, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert! I also love Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer and many others. And I don't believe that 70%+ Americans are wrong. Another point, I never said I was being politically correct. I said "if I was not being politically correct, oh well..." And where on God's earth, did I ever say I was opposed to the War on Terrorism??? My goodness, if you listen to the candidates the way you read threads, I can't imagine who you'll vote for. Suggestion: Read & listen before you speak. Oh, and my comment on George Bush and the Republican Party was not being cavalier -- it is a statement of fact.
First of all, if a billion people believe a dumb thing, it doesn't mean that it's right. It's still a dumb thing. Harry Truman had a 23% approval rating, yet today is rated among the best presidents in history. Polls mean nothing.

I'll bypass your political correctness comments. No substance.

Re the comment about the war, I was addressing your rather absurd comment about Bush and the GOP devastating the country. How has this devastation taken place? Normally after this liberal pablum is spouted, it's followed by a diatribe about the war, cutting taxes, global warming, homeless poor, terrible healthcare, etc., etc., etc. All, of course, Bush's fault. I apologize if I inferred too much from your comment. Glad to have your support for the war.

Re your helpful suggestion, I have one for you. You might want to expand your political horizons beyond Mahr/Maher, Stewart, Colbert, and even Cooper and Blitzer. Don't forget, Leno and Letterman are still out there.