Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Re: Girl Talk

Barefoot,

I think it was 466A. It was a brand new shopping area and a brand new store so I bet that's it.

Another topic -- a warning to the girls ---

I was snooping in the thread about your lunch and someone mentioned chocolate martinis. I don't know if you will be having any of those, but keep an eye on your own if you do.

Here's why:

We were out to lunch one day, and there were two women sitting at a table opposite us, but back slightly farther. I have an absolutely obnoxious habit - or maybe it's a gift - of being able to carry on a perfectly lucid conversation with whoever I'm with, while I automatically filter in any conversation going on within a certain range. (If it's an interesting conversation that is.) I don't really try to do this. It just happens. Always has. Mr. BB thinks I should be a spy.

Anyway, these two women were :edit: and :edit: about their stressful jobs as they drank their $8.00 chocolate martinis.

Well, at one point, one of the two excused herself to the ladies' room, leaving half of a chocolate martini on the table to finish when she returned.

You all guessed it, didn't you? The woman left alone at the table reached across and slurped down as much as she could of her friend's martini, leaving just enough so that it was not completely obvious.

You girls who like these things do know, don't you, that it has to be a really good vodka and a really nice chocolate liqueur. But did you know that splashing it with a little Baileys makes it perfect?