View Single Post

Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
Boomer do you have the "recipe?"

I think it was the WALTONS show that had the sisters on it and the "recipe" that everyone liked.

This is one drink I know I will like - it is high in calories and has a creamy texture. You guessed it, I am not, overly fond of dry red wines.

So heres to :beer2: in the wrong glass - the Administrators I think should add wine or champagne glasses also. They probably just thought of their own favorite drink.

I feel sorry for all the TV'ers and wannabees who do not come to this site - they do not know what they are missing.

So to all my sisters I raise my glass of Choclolate Martini with a large splash of Baileys.

Hyacinth Bucket

Ms. Bouquet,

I don't exactly have the recipe you requested but I do have a general idea. I know how to chat up a bartender, but sometimes there are nuances that you have to work out for yourself. (We also tip any bartender especially well who is willing to share a secret.)

So here is what she told me: She uses Stoli vodka.- plain vodka, not the flavored stuff (There are other good brands of vodka, too.) The liqueur is Godiva. (I don't know if there are any others.) And Baileys, of course, is Baileys. She shakes the vodka and the chocolate liqueur with ice and then strains the ice out when she pours the drink into the martini glass.

Here's where I get pretty fuzzy. I am not sure of the proportions of the vodka and the Godiva. It may be one to one. But this version is not sickeningly sweet so she may be lighter on the Godiva. And I believe the splash of Baileys is a pretty light one. I am also not sure if the Baileys goes into the shaker with the rest or just gets to splash in after it's in the glass.

It seems like if there are members of The Sisterhood down there in TV who find this interesting, they may want to go to the liquor store, gather at someone's house, and do a little research on these proportions. --like a wine tasting - only far less need to be elegant. If you do this, you will likely find that some prefer a sweeter version. Some prefer more Baileys - less Baileys - whatever. But you could probably have a lot of fun.

But if you do such a thing, be sure that you have someone to drive you home. Even though these things appear to be quite froo froo, they will sneak up and kick you from behind. Be careful

Well, I need to get off of this computer. I actually have a life today. And I am beginning to feel like I am lapsing into the "Boomer Chronicles" or something.

mustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemu stleavemyhouse