View Single Post

Old 02-15-2008, 04:58 AM
beartrack1
Default Re: CHAT ......... yadda, yadda, yadda

Hi Coney Island Babe. I was born in Coney Island hospital and lived in east Flatbush on Madison place and avenue R. I went to P.S.222 then to James Madison High school. I hung out on bay 15 in Coney Island and got my first after school job working as a starter at the Tornado rollercoaster. The Madison football team used to hang out at a little bar under the boardwalk on bay 15, it was called the Bop House, it was owned by one of the ball players mother. Everytime we won a game we would have a team party there. That place stayed open 12 months a year, I remember the times when our team went there to shovel the snow all the way to the front door. That dear lady knew us all, she would only serve us soft drinks until we turned 18, anyone of us caught with a beer was barred forever. On our 18th birthday she would throw a party on the house. I could go on forever about Brooklyn in the fifty's, I loved that time in my life. The kids growing up today will never know. Can't wait to get to TV and join the Brooklyn club.