View Single Post

Old 02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Re: Villages Pre-owned Home Buyers, Beware

The seller contracts with an agent, MLS or VLS to sell their home. *By law they have a fiduciary relationship with the seller and in ALL cases have to represent the sellers best interest. *If you want an agent to represent you, hire a buyer's agent and get an agreement in writing. *In the case of VLS I would decide what to offer, stick to that amount, make sure you have an attorney represent you and review the contract for sale. *But have someone who is representing you in this transaction. *The VLS agent is representing the seller only. *As long as you understand that going in, there is no reason not to look at the VLS listings. *In my experience they had the majority of the available proprieties anyway. *I used both but ended up buying a VLS home. *By not looking at those homes you are only seeing a small persentage of the available homes. *I let both agents, VLS and MLS, know right up front I was looking with both and my intention was to buy the home with the best value that met my needs. *