View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned
Default Re: Villages Pre-owned Home Buyers, Beware

Regarding the presentation of offiers, agents are supposed to present ALL offers, regardless of the agent's opinion of the offer.

Another point of contention with me has always been the "agreement" between me (whether as buyer or seller) and the agent/broker. The "form" used is not sacrosanct. While many agents/brokers try to convince you otherwise, all terms between agent/broker and you are negotiable. In law school one of the first things discussed in contracts law classes is the "power of legitimacy" given to foms - which is why all businesses try to create forms which protect their interests first, and then excuse themselves during negotiations (large or small) that they are restricted on what they can do "because of the form." It's a great technique. so, when my money's at stake, the form means nothing except as a convenience which can be amended, sections stricken and sectionns rewritten, based on how I'm willing to do business. This is definitely one of the times the "golden rule" (s/he with the gold, rules!) applies.