Thread: New Home Costs
View Single Post

Old 05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
1800 sq foot designer - 1700 for window treatments, and 1500 for a washer dryer, Golf cart of course is a cost if you want one. Other than furniture and household stuff, that is all you NEED. The landscaping is there, you can add to it if you want. We were told by the builder and others that gutters were not only not needed, they were detrimental since the water bounces off the gutters up under the shingles, not good. With the sandy soil, and no basement - gutters are really not necessary.

To be honest, I was surprised how cheap it was (we bought all new furniture from Showcase also btw, very happy). The only surprise was the water bill that comes as part of the Amenity fee, we knew about it, but it can by 60 bucks a month or more. Everything else is not bad. I would recommend a new home actually.
I disagree about the gutters. The rain coming off of the roof was staining our driveway in a line all along the garage, and the rain coming off the back of the house was hitting the grass and bouncing into the lanai (yes!), making it impossible to sit on the lanai during summer rainstorms. We had gutters installed along the back of the house and the garage, and along the front little porch area where the door is. It made quite a difference.