Thread: Palm Trees ?
View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Palm Trees ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ
"Next week, I'll show you my home made automatic liquid fertilizer system. Don't be late for class (Watering 101)"

Handie, hope you're serious! I want to learn about this. My lawn looks terrible! I have to do something...
PJ, I'll let you in on a little secret. Over in Home Depot, you can buy slow release granular fertilizer designed for your type of grass (consult a knowledgeable sales person, I forgot what the brand of mine is and I'm not there)
Get the small hand held fertilizer spreader made by Scott's or similar and broadcast this fertilizer 4 times per yr or follow the instructions on the bag. The spreader covers a wide area and the spreading goes fast. Don't get weed killing fertilizer and broadcast it where it will hit the flowers and plants.
You will not see results over night but be assured a yr from now you will have a nice lush lawn
This Florida sand is wonderfull to work with but has NO nutrients so your grass is begging for food and/or minerals to aid its growth
This is so simple and inexpensive and I like you love lush grass
Good Luck
Handie :joke: