Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Someone mentioned menopause earlier and I am wondering, just how friggin long does it take for this to be over, lol! I am driving myself bonkers and everyone else too, for which I totally apologize. Help!!

I have a friend who has been having vicious hot spells for 25 years. Many friends who experience some discomfort, mostly at night, causing insomnia. And others that have sailed right through and hardly noticed. Chocolate, caffeine and red wine are supposed to be verboten, but a gal's gotta have some fun! I'm so used to dressing in layers I just do it automatically! ;D

Mood swings? Who knows if they're caused by hormones, or perhaps just seeing yourself and your friends age, and time flying by. HRT helped a lot, but then we discovered it was baaaaad for you. Herbal remedies work for some people, but most of my friends have tried cohosh, red clover, etc., with no success.

I think it is so individual! But perhaps talking to older females that are related to you would provide some clues as to what you can expect. Be kind to yourself, and good luck with it. It's not fun driving yourself bonkers.

Been there, done that
BF