View Single Post

Old 05-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
And, if I could add on to this question.... Is the problem just with Carts and Clubs carts or does it also affect yamahas sold by Villages golf carts? The online article wasn't clear. Thanks.
In the article it was stated that the detective had to pay $225 for a TEAM clutch. I also had to go this route with my 2013 Yamaha EFI that I purchased from C & C in Ocala. This was after C & C replaced the original clutch with one that was the same that came with the cart.They also put a "better" belt on the new clutch and this was supposed to solve the problem but it didn't.Not until I paid them for the TEAM clutch did my problem get resolved.
I am also curious if this is only happening with C& C carts or is the problem also with The Villages cart . I know a few folks that told me the Villages has replaced their clutch & belt at no cost to them.I believe this was done but I don't believe the Villages has installed a TEAM clutch in these carts.
Yamaha will not back the warranty because of the 10 inch wheels & high speed gears installed aftermarket in these carts.I tried everything to get them to back it, or have C & C back it to no avail. I went to the Crimes against seniors, talked to the attorney general's office & the better business bureau all to no avail.$225 didn't put me in the poor farm but I sure felt like someone beside me should have paid.