View Single Post

Old 02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Courtyard landscape designs

We bought our courtyard villa almost three years ago and have redone all the landscaping. We were fortnate that we bought before the developer discovered he could save a bundle by using pine straw instead of sod. Personallly, I wouldn't buy a place with pine straw. I find it very unattractive. The developer is selling it as "maintenance free" but I don't buy that at all. In our neighborhood, most of the villas have had their landscaping redone since moving in and we have a really attractive neighborhood.

I wouldn't and didn't consider anything once I saw our Villa. I live privacy and I like having our own small neighborhood. Only 68 villas in Cherry Vale and we are a close neighborhood. Every month, many of us get together and celebrate the birthdays that month and once a month, the ladies get together for breakfast. In a small neighborhood, you can really get to know people and I LOVE my neighborhood.

To each his own but I wouldn't knock anyone for buying a different type home than mine. Everyone has their own style and the CYV is ours. :bigthumbsup: